"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

30 October 2011

Yeah, I know I'm a blogging slacker. [There's no place like home - A new white coat - Pumpkins]

Okay, okay. So I kind of went on a blogging hiatus. Not because there was nothing to blog about. More because every time I try to sit at the computer, Peyton claws my arms, legs and laptop because he HATES it when the ol' green folding machine with the changing pictures gets more attention than -- shriek -- him.

So here we go again with a massive, way-too-long update.

Let's start at the very beginning (of my camera's memory card). A very good place to start ...

KANSAS TRIP

Peyton and I got to visit my family in Kansas earlier this month! It was a lot of fun. Once again, he was amazing on the plane, both there and back. He slept the whole time! Really, it doesn't get any better than that.

The first day we were there, I went to my little brother Collin's school to watch him sing and to see my old choir teacher, Mr. V. Mr. V, not wanting to feel too old himself when I came to visit, brought along the little girl who played Gretl, my "little sister" (I was Liesl), in The Sound of Music. Only, she wasn't so little anymore. In fact, she was about a head taller than me. And a teenager. And I felt really. Really. REALLY ... old. She was in kindergarten when we did the musical. She was the cutest, sweetest little thing then and she is totally still the cutest, sweetest, not-so-little-anymore thing now.

Then my mom, Peyton and I went to Brady and Clare's musical practice (they're doing The Wizard of Oz). While we were there, we may or may not have put Peyton in one of the band lockers. And he may or may not have enjoyed it. And we may or may not have taken a picture.


Man, that kiddo is CUTE! Am I biased? Absolutely not. ;-)

After visiting the schools, we went to visit GREAT Grandpa Felshaw ...

Uh, mom ... who is this scary old man?

Hmm, lemme get a good look at him ...

Still not warmed up to the place ...

Okay. Now that I've smacked you, we can be friends.

Peyton ... getting into things as usual. Behind him is Great Grandpa's friend, Maezell.


Such a handsome little ham!
 The next day, we were invited to go swimming at a friend's house. Me, Clare, Collin, Peyton and my mom went; we had a lot of fun! Peyton LOVES to swim. And splash. And kick. And try to drink the water.

Exhibit A: Peyton loves to splash


Below is a video of Peyton swimming. He loves to be passed from one person to another. Surprisingly, he also loves it when he goes under the water, too!



I did Clare's hair and makeup for a Halloween dance. She was a Greek goddess. She looked so pretty! Of course, she ALWAYS looks pretty, so that's no surprise.



Peyton tried out the jumper while we were there, too. I don't think he quite grasped the concept of it ... Basically, he'd try to walk somewhere, only to find himself slipping around the wood floor in circles; never able to get very far and never able to stop spinning. He quickly became frustrated with the contraption. Pity. I think if he'd been able to figure it out, he would have enjoyed it!



I also went to the high school and introduced Peyton to a couple of my old teachers -- Mr. Bogart and Senora Paredes. It was really cool to go back to the ol' stomping grounds and see the changes and the unchanged.

Peyton and I finally got to meet Ross, who pretty much live at my family's house when he's in town. Peyton finally got to meet his Grandpa Young, too!

Now I'll do a few more pictures and we'll move on to the New White Coat.





A New White Coat

Dan had his white coat ceremony at UT Southwestern! Though I can't say I got to hear much, I was able to hear two of the talks and see Daniel recieve his white coat. The rest of the time was spent with the cutest boy in the world ... in the halls.






Well, those went up backwards. I'll be honest. I don't really feel like switching them. This blog post is already taking me waaaay too long and if you've made it this far, you probably won't notice after all my droning on and on and on and on and ...

Lastly, Pumpkins

We had our friends, the Jacob's, over for dinner and pumpkin carving. It was a lot of fun! We'll let the pictures do the talking.






If you're wondering what the pumpkin is on the far left (Daniel's) ... it is what you think it is.

That is, if you're thinking, "Whoa! That looks like a freaking fetus!"

1 comment:

Popular Posts