"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

18 October 2010

A day of great news!

So, after getting off to a rough start this weekend (meaning the dreaded 3 hour glucose tolerance test that I literally thought might kill me), things are really taking a great turn! We've had several blessings to count and be grateful for.

First, I passed the GTT, so no gestational diabetes for me! Hallelujah! I was really worried about it, especially since the test itself was so difficult for me. I nearly threw up and passed out and I just might consider redo-ing the first trimester before I EVER have to do that test again. Ugh. Here's how I will celebrate:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEio3s6rJsKB9Koc0gW0XUI8OvXb5KVoexIE8U7Gr6FRNtWE22jlSUZfRXkErmNnfh-9y4qMuz2hveBVo-Rhh_s2XBOtv1qZ2F970TXfm8tk4nlngxTBLFTWHVS5Nf3sturMqymIOS2X8ZGs/s320/Eli'sTotally+Turtle+Cheesecake.bmp 
(Yes, that is Turtle Cheesecake and yes, we do have 2 slices in the fridge)

Second, we heard back from Baylor Medical School ... and Daniel is IN! Oh, it's so great to know that we're "in" somewhere -- not to mention Baylor is pretty much the top med school in Texas and this is the FIRST week they sent out acceptance letters to only 10 applicants. Dang, my hubby is amazing. =)

http://www.baylor.edu/content/imglib/27937.gif

Also, Dan is starting a new job at the MTC as a Russian teacher, which we're pretty excited about. It's amazing how blessed we've been in everything really -- especially good work during tough economic times. Dan's always wanted to teach Russian, so this is a great opportunity for him before we graduate and ship off to Texas.

http://www.mtc.byu.edu/images/side-mtc.jpg

This weekend was also great because my mother-in-law was in town and we got to spend some time with her and Dan's siblings. Nicole [Dan's sister] had a bridal shower on Saturday. It was a lot of fun.

I've been spoiled since the GTT with great food as well. After the test, I was so starved and weak and feeling awful that Dan took me to Kneaders, where I scarfed down a large French-dipped sandwich and a bowl of tomato and basil soup. Yum. Then, Dan's mom took us to Olive Garden for dinner ... double yum. Nicole's bridal shower was also catered by Cafe Rio ... can you say, "triple yum"? I sure can.

i love food.

All in all, things are looking good ... minus the fact that I have a huge portion of a project due in my capstone this Thursday. Hmmm, I'm kinda wishing I had a wee bit more time to work on it than I do. That's the beauty of group work, I suppose. I don't know if this semester can go fast enough for me. Wait, on second thought, I'm pretty sure it is. 

7 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you passed your glucose test, now we don't have to go back on that "no sugar" thing...only for you this time. Also, lets eat cheesecake together. Frankly, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Whitney. I found your new blog on facebook or Alaina's page. I can't remember. And maybe you remember who I am, maybe not. Anyway, I know you're due like a week after me, which is awesome! I think it's fun to have friends who are due around the same time as me. And I read your post below about body changes and gaining weight and feeling out of control. I feel the exact same way. I thought it would be easy to be pregnant and gain weight. In fact, I thought I'd be excited to have an excuse to gain weight. But, it's actually harder than not being pregnant. I get discouraged all the time feeling so huge, uncomfortable, unattractive, etc. It definitely sucks when your favorite clothes stop fitting. I realized the other day that I had worn the same jeans and 2 shirts for like 5 out of 10 days or so. Just enough time to wash and wear again. :-) Anyway, congrats on passing the 2nd glucose test. I take my first sometime in the next week. Send me your email if you wanna read our blog. I made it private. karissadodds-at-gmail-dot-com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your new blog! CONGRATS on all counts! Glad everything is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the medical school you guys! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I celebrated with some kind of chocolate cake...can't remember what kind, but I was on my sugar fast during a vacation with Mitch's family and his mom (Martha Stewart) was making all kinds of homemade desserts and goodness that I couldn't eat a BITE of!! It was the hardest thing i've ever done! I am so excited for you guys! Yay, Baylor! That's where Mitch is wanting to go if he goes with his "back-up degree" (He loves both plans so much...we'll have to see what happens!). He lived in TX for 12 years and simply loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on everything - especially that glucose test! (I always hated that one!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting into such a great medical program, but I'm sorry you have to live in Texas. That's almost worse than going to BYU. Almost...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts