This week, however, is a different story.
The weekend started off normal: we went to the basketball game {which was AWESOME because BYU scored over 80 points which means FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE from MAGLEBY'S! I love Magleby's}, then we went to the football game the next morning [which was also awesome because we scored enough points to get FREE FatCats bowling, AWESOME X 2]. I guess in all the walking and standing between the two games, I overexerted myself or something, because when we got back from the football game (which we came home early from so that we could watch the Utah vs. TCU game {can you say "overrated?"}, I started having these contraction thingies.
Long story short, they continued from about 4 p.m. Saturday until 10 p.m. Sunday. Around 11 p.m. Saturday we called my doctor; he called back around 1 a.m. and told me to go to UVRMC and get checked out. We went there and they hooked me up to some monitors, checked me out and decided to give me a shot that was supposed to stop the fake contractions.
It didn't.
Instead, I puked my guts out and they wouldn't let me leave until I started looking/feeling better, which was around 4 a.m. Sunday. They prescribed me some drugs to stop the contractions and I left, feeling worse than when I got there.
Great news is, the drugs work, and I haven't had to take any more since Sunday evening!
More good news: we get another ultrasound in 3 weeks! So excited to see the little man again.
More good news: I saw some funky dude by the Provo City Library on my way to campus from work who was wearing the following (use the pictures below to really capture the look):
shorts

amphibious shoes
an ugly wool coat (I kid you not, this exact color/length, minus the fur collar and 1/2 of the girliness)


and a coon hat
If only that dang stoplight hadn't changed colors and my phone wasn't buried deep in my coat pocket. I totally would have snapped a picture.
Hahahahaha!!! I needed a good laugh and I can totally picture that guy! You just made my day! Also, sorry you had to throw up your guts. I'm glad you're feeling better!
ReplyDeleteWow. Who does that? That guy must have a heck of alot of confidence or he was dared into it. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're doing better! That's a scary long time to have contractions at this point!
Glad everything is going continuing to go well! Looks like you are out for the season. No more football games for you! Can't wait to see the little fella!! love ya
ReplyDeleteI like your baby widget. Ya takzhe lublu chocolate cake. Nu, poka!
ReplyDeletehaha that's a hilarious ensemble!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad everything's alright! When are you due again!? I'm so excited that you get another ultrasound!! I wanted to see my little man again so bad and wish I would've had a doctor who would agree to another ultrasound! :o)
CRITTER!!
ReplyDelete