I've finished the baby room (pictured below). My mother-in-law sent me the scraps left over from the GORGEOUS quilt she made for baby boy Condie, and I put them to good use as part of the room decor. All-in-all, I only spent about $20 (excluding the furniture, naturally) on the decorations in the room. Awesome, right?
| Here is our lovely crib (with the AMAZING quilt my mother-in-law made. |
| This is the beautiful afghan that Daniel's aunt crocheted for baby. |
| (Ignore my cheese-ball face here) This is the quilt Dan's mom made! Amazing, right? The back is really soft minky material. I LOVE this quilt. |
| And of course, a belly picture. Here I am -- big, uncomfortable, wishing, waiting, hoping that this baby will come SOON! (38.5 weeks) |
Well, there's a picture update for the baby room. Like I mentioned, I've also been reading. This book, actually:
It's quite interesting. I'm really enjoying it.
I've also been crafting. I'm trying to make a reusable bag by crocheting strips of Macey's plastic bags. My mom did it before, and it turned out awesome. I'm not so sure how mine will do.
And I've been making hair flowers. Not for the baby, obviously, because he is definitely a boy (our doctor has left no doubt in our minds. Of our three ultrasounds, the only image he shows us is of the little man's testicles. No joke. No cute little printouts of the baby's profile. Just his man-parts. Every time). These hair flowers are for me and my little sister.
Lastly, things I am looking forward too:
- Obviously, the birth of our little boy
- My mommy and daddy coming out next THURSDAY (Hear that baby? You seriously need to make an appearance outside the womb by THURSDAY!!)
- The super-cute quilted diaper bag my mommy made me for Christmas
- Daniel coming home from school/work so I don't go crazy all by myself
All I want to say is...
ReplyDeletePush him out
Shove him out
Waaaaaaayyyyy out!!
Start doing crunches! Haha. JUST KIDDING!
ReplyDeleteI love what you have done with the nursery, you amaze me with all of your crafting skills.
Can't wait to see some pictures of your little cutie! Boys really are awesome!
Meagan Johnson
Whitney, that room is SO cute! Nathan's two months old and I still don't have nursery pictures up! (because I'm not quite done [shhh!] with my last Cricut project, and my Cricut's acting up, so i'm afraid to turn it on!) I love the clock! How cute! And I love that you got all the scraps of fabric so you can make your room match the quilt! It's amazing, by the way! Yay mommies!
ReplyDeleteI'm wishing and waiting for your baby right along with you! Your aunt and uncle in Gillette that are in my in-laws' ward (he's Bishop, actually) told me all about seeing you at a recent wedding and how ready you are for that baby! You still look SO cute, even 38.5 weeks pregnant, so don't worry about that!! :o)
Cute room. Cute crib. Cute quilts. Good luck waiting. I'm right there with ya and hoping we would've had a baby a week ago. Oh well. There's not much you can do and it sucks. Try and stay positive, happy and busy! Time goes by better that way, but it's definitely not easy.
ReplyDelete