"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

31 January 2011

Peyton Daniel Condie

Well, Peyton Daniel Condie has officially made his out-of-the-womb appearance!

He was born on January 20, 2011 at 9:59 p.m., 8 lbs. 9 ounces and 20 inches long (yes, quite the big boy).

After about 22 very long hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing, we were finally able to meet our long-awaited baby boy. 

We love our little boy and find ourselves loving him more and more every day!

Since the 20th, my recovery has been ... well, not easy. I guess I didn't anticipate it taking so long before I was able to sit, stand, walk or just plain move. I've reached a couple landmarks though -- I can now carry Peyton from room to room, I can pick him up from the bassinet or ground, and I can walk around the apartment with him for a few minutes when he won't stop crying. I'm also almost entirely self-sufficient again (meaning I can pretty much take care of myself on my own).

We were super blessed to have my mom here until last Sunday, and Dan's mom since last Saturday. I don't know how we would have survived without them. Poor Daniel would have never slept or gone to class, that's for sure. Dan's mom leaves tomorrow, and I think I'm pretty ready to handle things on my own (now that I've regained most of my mobility). I'm a little nervous about it though. I still can't carry the car seat with Peyton in it. Just carrying him is a bit of a strain for me.

Well, that about sums up the last 1.5 weeks. Peyton is 11 days old and still the cutest baby in the world. Here are a few things my baby boy does that I love:

  • He curls up into a little ball when you hold him
  • He nestles his little head by your neck as he's falling asleep
  • He keeps his little hands next to his face whenever he can
  • He smiles in his sleep
  • He curls his fingers in little waves on your skin when you hold him
  • He's sprayed everyone at least once while having his diaper changed! 


5 comments:

  1. Oh, Whitney, I'm so sorry the last 11 days have been hard on you! I'm glad you're starting to feel better though. And thank goodness for those moms; what would we do without them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) he is seriously the cutest. keep on truckin' girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad he's here. Let me know when you experience projectile poop.

    Hopefully it's when Dan is changing him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! He's perfect! So cute.

    Let us know if you need anything now that the mommas are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say the same thing Estee said. Let us know what we can do to help. I am home from school Tuesday/Thursdays! Hope everything is going well! Love ya! Congrats, he is so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts