"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

13 January 2012

Picture update!

***Just a reminder before we begin: I'm deactivating my facebook and privatizing the blog come SATURDAY night. If you want to be added to the blog list and have NOT given me your email address, message/comment/facebook it to me! 
Peyton got a toothbrush from the dentist for his 9-month checkup. He LOVES brushing his teeth and watching us brush ours! Future dentist, maybe? He is a Young.   
We took family pictures at the Arboretum with the Tomaka family. It was beautiful AND a lot of fun! 

Peyton playing in the grassy field at the Arboretum. 

Family picture on the bench. Peyton is such a ham!

After church one Sunday. I think Peyton's face here is priceless. 

Grandma and Grandpa Condie and Uncle Seddi came to visit the weekend before Thanksgiving! 

Note to self: don't play airplane with Peyton after he's just consumed large quantities of food. You might get puked on. Nasty. 

After Peyton's bath time during Thanksgiving break. Peyton LOVES his bath time! 

Clockwise: Peyton, Unkie Collin ('s butt), Munkie Brady, Aunt Clare and Daniel
Thanksgiving break. I forgot to take pictures of all the awesome food we made. I suck.

For some reason, Peyton likes to lounge at the table like this. Though I wouldn't really call it "lounging," since he's folded in half. Frankly, it doesn't look comfortable at all! Nevertheless, he sat like this for his entire breakfast. 

Gross, right? Wanna know what's grosser? This was pulled out of Peyton's mouth. Still grosser: we couldn't find the legs.
I don't know how this creature made it into our apartment and into Peyton's mouth ... and let's be honest, I don't want to know any more of the story than what I've written here. 

Such a happy boy! 

Rat tail? I loved Peyton's long, curly hair. Dan kept asking me to cut it, but I refused. When it stopped curling at the back and started to look "girly," I finally caved. Now he looks like such a big boy!

Peyton with Great Grandpa Santa! 

At Great Grandpa Santa's apartment complex. 

Daniel's sugar cookie "masterpiece."

Peyton LOVES dogs. He even says "dog" more than he does "mama." He had so much fun with Shadow in Kansas! 

Grandma Nene opening presents. 

Daniel striking a Christmas pose. 

This is Brady's "man pose" since now he can "smell like a man. man." 

Daniel got me beautiful pearl earrings! I love pearls! 

Clare got lots of boots and tights for Christmas. 

Collin got every sort of toy gun you can imagine. 

Brady got a gag gift -- a clown. He's terribly afraid of clowns. 

Peyton liked to run off with the wrapping paper more than the gifts ... But by the time we got to El Paso, he had the hang of it. More or less. 

Family photo op on Christmas morning.

Peyton had his first candy bar while we were in Kansas. Milky Way. He went NUTS!

Grandpa's usual occupation. 

Mmm. Here's a doozy of a story. So we land in El Paso at 11:40 p.m. on the 26th. No bags come out the baggage claim. Neither does our car seat. So we go to find help from United. Huh. No United reps ANYWHERE. For two hours. That's right, we sat there with no way of getting our kiddo home and none of our checked baggage for TWO HOURS before a United rep showed up. Guess what they told us? Go buy a car seat and we'll reimburse you. At 1:30 a.m. So Dan's dad heads out to Walmart and picks one up. Good thing we got it, too, because some idiot left a giant pile of branches in THE MIDDLE OF THE FREEWAY. Oh, and United? No refund for our checked baggage. Nope, just a voucher for the WORST AIRLINE IN THE WORLD. I seriously hate United SO. MUCH. And the voucher wasn't even very much. 

After holding Peyton for nearly 5 hours straight (including the layover, flight and United debacle), I had to lay the poor baby down on the airport floor. 

This one's for Ross -- Peyton's wearing his Blink 182 onesie! 

Playing outside in El Paso.
Such a cutie pie. 

The cupboard Peyton ended up pinching his fingers in. I have no idea why he was so obsessed with this cupboard! He is also holding his favorite toy. It plays classical music and he walks around with it everywhere, all day. 

Love his little bath robe. 

Heading out for a walk! 

Playing in the grass on a nice, sunny, warm winter's day! 


Handsome little man. 
Well, there's our last few months in pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I have lots of comments so I thought I'd list them in order :)

    1. Petyon is SO big and SO ridiculously cute!!! I love him and miss him oh so much!
    2. Gross and hilarious that he barfed on you!
    3. uhhhh... the cockroach in the mouth is my BIGGEST fear! I would have thrown up. you are a brave mama!
    4. seriously, Peyton is so cute.
    5. you are so gorgeous!!
    6. LOVE Petyon's long hair!! that's like Eli's before we cut it. I was really sad that his precious locks were gone. but he doesn't look as white trash now which is a plus :)
    7. sorry United sucks and were such idiots to you!! can you call someone to complain? Or call Better Business Bureau? So you never got your checked luggage back?? I would've cried!! But I'm materialistic like that I guess... ugh that makes me so mad for you!!
    8. and again, your baby boy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan!

      1. Thanks, we miss you guys and your adorable not-so-little Eli, too!
      2. It was soooooo nasty. And of course, before he'd help me, Dan HAD to take a picture first.
      3. I was so close to puking and crying when Dan showed me it! So GROSS!
      4. Thanks!
      5. Aw, shucks ;-)
      6. I was sooooo sad to chop it off, but yeah ... he probably looks better without the mullet, I guess.
      7. We did end up getting our checked bag and car seat back the following night ... so that was good. Especially since we had checked all of our Christmas presents (and I would have been devastated if we never got those back). We are going to complain. They just handled the situation very poorly.
      8. Thanks again!

      We miss you guys!

      Delete

Popular Posts