"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

30 May 2012

Brady's Graduation

Okay, okay, okay. I know I suck at this blogging thing, so please -- please -- spare me the, "It's about time/I was beginning to wonder if you were still alive/Oh, I forgot I was a grandparent ... " etc. etc. etc. mumbo jumbo crap.

Now that we've got that cleared up ... I'm not going to go back over the last several months or anything like that. It'd take way too long and then I'd probably just give up on blogging ... again ... So here we go! The brief contents of this update will include: Funny Things Peyton Does, ChooChoo Extravaganza, and Brady's Graduation.

Funny Things Peyton Does: 



  • Every time Peyton (or someone near him) audibly farts, Peyton will point at the culprit and announce that they've pooped. So don't try and play it off like it wasn't you. He knows. And he'll make sure EVERYONE else does, too. 
  • Peyton is learning his anatomy, and much to my sister's dismay, he refers to his little-man-parts as his "wee wee." Whenever he gets a new diaper on, he says, "Bye bye, wee wee!" and bids it farewell with a little hand wave. 
  • Whenever Peyton is ready to split the scene, he abruptly turns to the host/talker/person keeping us from leaving and says, "Bye bye" over and over and over again until we really have no choice but to leave. He also cordially bids adieu to:
    • Jesus when we're at church. Any picture of the Savior in the hall on our way out gets a nice, "Bye bye, Jesus!"
    • Toothbrushes. He likes to sit on his toothbrush when he's done brushing and say, "Bye bye, toothbrush!" (Perhaps the more disturbing thing is his fascination with sitting on his toothbrush).
    • Cell phones. Same thing with the toothbrush. He sits on it and says bye bye. Why? Not the slightest idea. 
  • After months of trying to teach Peyton basic sign language, I gave up. A month later, Peyton turns to me and says "more" while signing it. He would start signing as soon as he can talk. He would. 
ChooChoo Extravaganza: 

Peyton is fascinated by choochoos, so Dan and I took him ON the choochoo to go SEE the world's (or something like that) biggest indoor model choo choo! Super fun! 




Brady's Graduation:

Brayton graduated! I know you're thinking, "Not possible." But he did. Legally. Pictures to prove it! 

Proof that Brady graduated. Aw, so grown up! 

Dan, Peyton and I with Grandma and Grandpa Young

Big sista Tonya! Peyton spent 16 hours sitting next to her in the car and still wouldn't play nice. Booger! 

Oh, and here are a few random pictures. Just for kicks: 

My favorite picture to-date. 

Peyton has this thing where he likes to take off his shirt. This incident was in the privacy of our home, but yes, it does happen in public. Semi-often. 

We went to the local Minor League game to see the AirHogs. Coincidentally, they were playing the Kansas City T-Bones -- the only other team who's game I've ever been to (if you don't count the one BYU game I watched freshman year). 

How cute is that? And how crappy are my photography skills? 

Peyton loved clapping and cheering when everyone else in the stands did. And everyone around him thought it was hilarious. 




5 comments:

  1. What a ham of a grandson I have!! Thanks for the awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey don't blame me when he has issues like Brady!!! Love the post! I need to update mine too, maybe we can help motive each other instead of having the guilt factor weigh us down. I will win Peyton over yet mark my words Peyton will LOVE ME!!! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is getting SO big! Looks like you are having lots of summer fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. His toothbrush sitting makes me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous05 June, 2012

    darling!! I love the update! I've been wondering about you and I'm glad to hear you're all having so much fun!

    So now that he's graduated, what's next? You're still in Texas, right?

    I love your little Payton!! What a DOLL!!! He's hilarious; I wish we could get our boys together to play!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts