"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

10 May 2013

Overnight Oatmeal


We all like breakfast in bed, right? Now there's a safer way to get your B-in-B fix. And it's healthier, too. 

Overnight Oatmeal
Servings: 4
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8-9 hours

So the original recipe is from HERE, but I changed it a little. My recipe is below. Next time I'm going to try dried mango pieces and coconut milk instead cranberries and half-and-half. 

Ingredients:

1 C steel cut oats
1 C dried cranberries
1/2 C applesauce
4 C water
1/2 C half-and-half (next time I'm trying almond milk or coconut milk)
Directions:

In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients and set to low heat. Cover and let cook for 8 to 9 hours.

Stir and remove to serving bowls. This method works best if started before you go to bed. This way your oatmeal will be finished by morning.

I added fresh raspberries to mine this morning and it was SO GOOD.

My next flavor: Coconut Mango. I'll use coconut milk instead of half-and-half and I'll use dried mangoes instead of cranberries. Really, the possibilities are endless! I'll try to post my different concoctions as I try them. 

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 350 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
145
Calories from Fat
44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
4.9g
8%
Saturated Fat
2.4g
12%
Cholesterol
11mg
4%
Sodium
22mg
1%
Total Carbohydrates
22.4g
7%
Dietary Fiber
4.0g
16%
Sugars
4.6g
Protein
3.8g
Vitamin A 3%Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 5%Iron 6%
Nutrition Grade B+
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts