"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

17 July 2013

A walk down memory [time-line] lane

Please join me for a walk down memory lane. And please don't mind my somewhat annoying timelines. I'm a nerd.

Let's rewind the clock a bit -- approximately 6.5 years -- and start there. Don't worry, I'll be brief. And I do have a point, which I'll get to eventually. 

I had several conversations with my mother that sounded a lot like this:
Mom: Whitney, you're about to leave home and live on your own. You should practice cooking. 
Me: I'm going to have a meal plan. I don't need to learn how to cook. 
Mom: Well, you won't live in the dorms after freshman year.
Me: I'll learn then. 
Mom: Nobody wants to marry a girl who can't cook. 
Me: Good. I don't plan on dating any RMs freshman year anyway. Besides, I'm going to marry a guy who will cook for ME. 
Mom: Whatever. Good luck with that. 
Me: Watch me. 
So here's the point (told you I'd get there eventually): I am not an expert cook. I'm not an expert mom. Really, I'm not an expert at anything. But I believe everyone has something he or she can bring to the table (pun intended). Learning to cook has been a years-in-the-making process for me. Once I finally felt like I had cooking pretty well mastered, my baby became a toddler and now I'm learning how to cook with and for kids -- which is a whole different ball game, let me tell ya. 

I'd like to share my culinary experiences, experiments, and extravagant fails from my past, present and future with ya'll. From cooking for two to cooking for kids to cooking for time to cooking for health. Hopefully some of my successes and failures will help you succeed more and fail less in the kitchen. Or at least provide a laugh for you "seasoned" chefs out there. 


1 comment:

Popular Posts