
The jeweler was great! We got the ring at Sierra West. Dan actually went up there himself and talked to them after we found out that Shane Co. was in a bit of financial turmoil. They didn't have a band or setting similar to what I wanted, so they worked with Dan to come up with a 21 stone anniversary band which they could take the center stone out of, attach the crown, and order an identical band to make it a set.

Dan brought me in for a look around and of all the different settings, I liked what he and the manager of Sierra West had picked out the best ... So that's what we got!!
Dan proposed to me outside of the Jordan River Temple on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 (my Grandpa Young's birthday)!

At first, I thought he was trying to trick me! We were headed to our friend's apartment in Taylorsville, UT and Dan got off the freeway and started driving by the Jordan River Temple. I thought to myself, "I don't remember Brandon and Brooke living so close to the temple!"
Then, realizing I hadn't ever actually seen that temple before, I began leaning side to side so I could see it through the car window. I noticed the unique spire and Dan asked if I wanted to stop and walk around real quick.
"I get it," I thought, "He's going to fake me out every night this week by taking me to a different temple in UT each night!!"
Thinking I was totally on to him, I got out of the car and started walking around the outside of the temple. Dan started to "cut across the grass" (as I thought) and grabbed my hand from behind.
I turned to find him down on one knee with a box in his hand! =)

Guess he wasn't trying to trick me after all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment