"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

02 March 2010

I love it when Tuesdays feel like Mondays...

I love it when Tuesdays feel like Mondays. I know that sounds strange, but it's really great. The whole time you're thinking, "Man, I've still got four days to go!" But in reality, you only have three. Realizing this is the greatest feeling ever. Seriously.

Yesterday (around 3:00 a.m.), I developed some sort of stomach flu and woke up puking my guts out. It was not pleasant. Once I fell back asleep, it was very difficult to wake up for my 8:00 classes. In fact, I didn't. My dear, kind, wonderful hubby ditched his first class to take care of me and make sure I was fit to be left on my own before he headed to campus. I spent my day writing half of a paper due Friday (which lasted all of about 45 minutes) and spent the remainder of the day watching chick-flicks on my laptop in bed. I avoided eating food for fear of losing whatever I swallowed. When Daniel got home, he made me a delicious home-made soup with fresh french bread. Boy, did I feel better after that! I have the sweetest husband ever =)

Today I was feeling much better... thankfully. I hit a couple rough patches of nausea during class and work, but I was able to make it through the day. I ended up feeling well enough to participate in our intramural wallyball game, so that was great! Our team is comprised of me, Daniel, Nicole, and David. We're pretty decent if we can just get David a good set (aka, David's the best person on our team and really good at hitting if we provide a good set). We're in Div I for the tourney. We won our first game, lost the second (horribly, btw... the team could have beat us with both hands tied and laying on their stomachs... no joke!), and have won all of our loser's bracket games. It's double elimination. I reckon we may be able to pull off one more win, but after that--I'm sure we're done for!

Tomorrow I have swim class. I swear, if I swallow any chlorine, I'm sure I'll vomit. Speaking of chlorine, I feel like no matter how many times I wash my hair, it perpetually smells of the chemical. Same with my skin.

After Daniel and I got home from campus this evening, we began making a snack: quesadillas and grapefruit. As I cut the grapefruit and got it ready for eating, I commented to Daniel about how amazing all of Heavenly Father's creations are--even grapefruit. How God created all of these things for us, so that we could enjoy their beauty and nourishment. Just now, as I was reading the next Gospel Principles lesson, I was able to read about this exact idea. It says:

          
           "We are now living in this beautiful world. Think of the sun, which gives us warmth and light. Think of the rain, which makes plants grow and makes the world feel clean and fresh. Think of how good it is to hear a bird singing or a friend laughing. Think of how wonderful our bodies are—how we can work and play and rest. When we consider all of these creations, we begin to understand what wise, powerful, and loving beings Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father are. They have shown great love for us by providing for all of our needs.
           "Plant life and animal life were also made to give us joy. The Lord said, “Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul” (D&C 59:18–19). Even though God’s creations are many, He knows and loves them all. He said, “All things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them” (Moses 1:35)."

 How wonderful it is to think of all the amazing plants, fruits, vegetables, animals--everything--created by God to give us joy.

In Doctrine and Covenants 59:18-19 it says, "18 Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the abenefit and the buse of man, both to please the eye and to cgladden the heart;
  19 Yea, for afood and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to bstrengthen the body and to enliven the soul.
  20 And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to aexcess, neither by extortion."
 
I'm going to try and recognize the beauty in all of God's creations--he knows each and every thing, I should at least be able to appreciate the ones I know. 
-Whitney

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you'll get the same surprise we got and you're PREGNANT!! (Better than stomach flu; I haven't had much nausea yet!)

    Love the new picture, cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, pretty sure that's not it =) But congratulations!! I'll bet you've got a great mix of excitement and, "Holy crap" going on, eh? I know I don't have any experience, but if you need me for anything, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts