"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

13 October 2010

My personal "fail blog"

Ugh. I failed a test. And not just any test ... the glucose tolerance test. LAME! Now I must go to the hospital on Friday for THREE HOURS and drink [a TON] of glucose and be pricked and poked and prodded to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes.

I'm never eating sugar again. Seriously. Even my grapes tasted sour after that glucose goop. And that was four hours later.

I've never failed a test before ... unless you count BIO 100, but that 50 percent was definitely curved to an -A. So I don't think that counts. Could there be a curve for the glucose tolerance test? I would like that.

On the bright side, I'm [super] excited to go to the BYU Farmer's Market tomorrow! I've been meaning to go all month, but haven't been able to. I'm definitely going tomorrow though -- it's the last one of the year! If anybody cares to join me, I get out of class at 3:00.

I'm [pleasantly] surprised by the way this (my final) semester is going. I don't really feel like I've done anything. Well, I have an internship, and I do stuff there -- but that's like a job, not a class. I seriously don't feel overwhelmed by homework ... at all. The only class I have exams or even a final in is Russian 101 (which, btw, I don't even have to pass to graduate ... and that happens to be my sure-fire A. Go figure).

I guess that I'm just worried, because I [know] I have a serious case of senioritis, and it's like it's okay because I don't have anything to procrastinate. Or not do. Or slack off on. Really, I was kind of expecting more of a scholastically rigorous semester than this.

I'm sooooo not complaining, though. 

Although, one thing I have been slacking on is getting baby stuff. I can feel the motherly nesting sensations, but I just can't seem to get myself to rack up the baby bills yet. Maybe it's because Dan keeps calling our second bedroom "the baby storage room." The problem is, it's an accurate description. I have some serious storage to sort through before I can babify that room.

Any motivational words of wisdom?

1 comment:

  1. oh no! I totally had a novel of a comment all typed up, then I hit backspace and it went back a page!! Not cool! It's all gone!

    Hmmm...let me sum it up...

    1) We totally just lost our storage room too. It's kinda difficult, not gonna lie! Now there's no place for a lotta things, but we're totally in love with the little man's room!

    2) We started a baby fund when we got married and started putting a little away each month, knowing we'd be on a student budget when we had our first kid, what with Mitch having 6 years of school left! Since we got pregnant awhile before we'd planned we didn't have as much saved as we wanted, but MAN it's nice to not feel those baby purchases in the rest of the budget!

    3) Baby clothes are kinda scary. I love them to death now, and catch myself hanging out in our baby's closet, just feeling how soft baby jersey cotton is! But, at the beginning, I totally couldn't wrap my head around it all. It was too overwhelming and it made it all too real. However, a sweet mom in our ward sat me down and explained it all to me once: the size scale, the seasonal/size coordination, what are essentials and what you can go without, etc. It made it all so DO-ABLE in my head! That's when I really started to get excited :o)

    4)I'm so sorry about your failed glucose test! Yay for joining the ranks of those of us who had to survive the three-hour one. It's a definite day for husband sympathy. I believe I got a pedicure, foot massage, and back massage that day, and Mitch did all the cooking because he knew I was so stressed. It was awesome, and helped a lot! :o) Good luck to you, and definitely let me know how it goes! (See facebook for the answer to your questions about the test!)

    Wow, can you believe THAT was the condensed soup version!?

    PS--you are SOOO cute! I know it might be hard to believe at this point. I feel like a whale (and oh, the stretch marks!!). But, you should believe me. I'm telling the truth. From one pregnant lady to another, you are stinkin adorable!! Just walk around smiling, knowing everyone who sees you is thinking it! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts