"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

18 April 2010

Why I Love Family Meals

I love family meals because it is a time when I can relax and converse with my family. It seems like our days just get busier and busier, but when we make time for dinner together as a family, things fall into place.

I'm grateful for the opportunity I have had to study the benefits and outcomes of frequent family dinners. As I have worked on a case analysis for one of my communications classes, I have learned a great deal about the difference eating together as a family can make.

Because of this knowledge of the importance of family dinners (and family time in general), I have made spending time as a family a priority in my life. My husband and I have many goals, and most of them are concerning our family.

I hope today's movement for structured family time, family meals, and families will be successful and touch many lives. I truly believe that families are capable of so much and I hope other people will realize this as well.

Featured Recipe: 

Sour Cream Enchiladas

  • 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 can diced green chiles
  • 2 shredded chicken breasts
  • 10 flour tortillas
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 
  • Optional: 1 small can diced jalapenos
Combine the Cream of Chicken soup, sour cream, green chiles, and jalapenos in a large mixing bowl. Spread part of the chicken in a tortilla, add a tablespoon of sauce, top with cheese, and roll. Place into a 13 x 9 pan. Repeat until chicken and tortillas are all used. Spread the remaining cream mixture on top of the rolled tortillas. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and bake in the oven at 400* until the cheese is completely melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts