"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

15 April 2011

For the love of smiles and sanity.

We got a new toy in the mail yesterday, and it is AWESOME!

It's a camera and oh, how I love it. We got a pretty good deal for it on Amazon.com (my favorite way to shop these days). I love our Prime membership, because I only had to wait two days to get this electronic baby and our sweet SD card.

I wasted no time in taking pictures of Peyton. As soon as he woke up and finished eating, Dan and I played with our new toy. You can already tell this camera is amazing by this:

Now, is that a smile, or is that a smile?!

And this:





Pretty sure that's a smile too.

And this:




Yep, smile.

So, for any of you who have only seen Peyton in a public setting and didn't believe he was capable of smiling: here is your proof. He smiles. A lot. And this camera (pictured below) is actually quick enough to catch him! It's a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20.


http://www.pma-show.com/news_images/0632_panasonic-lumix-dmc-fh20.jpg 
For the love of smiles.

There's also a video here of Peyton and I talking to each other. 

Peyton and I love having conversations together ... and despite the fact that I can't understand a thing he's saying (and he can't understand me), it somehow makes me feel more sane. 

There's something about getting a response to your chatter that makes you feel better about the fact that you're talking to yourself all day long. It's even better when that response isn't your own. 

I hope some of you can relate and don't think I'm a psycho who talks to myself all day long. I'd lose my mind and officially be psycho if I didn't (if that makes any sense)!

1 comment:

  1. yay! How cool! I'm so glad you found one that works! Yay baby Payton smiles! :o)

    PS--I totally know what you mean about talking to yourself all day! I do it too! I'm so glad he's talking to you! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts