"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

02 May 2010

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Yes, I know, I'm a failure at this blogging business.

Soooo this weekend has been pretty exciting. We went bowling with some friends, had a fondue party (yes, with cheese and chocolate and all the fixin's you could POSSIBLY imagine... it was divine), had some friends over for diner, AND I made SEVEN new pillows for our couches! They are amazing, if I do say so myself.

I also feel like a total stud because Daniel and I have been going to the gym every day for the past week at 7:00 IN THE MORNING! Yeah, I lost two pounds and I'm feelin' pretty awesome. If we keep this up for forever, I'll have the most rockin' bod on the planet. Lol.

What else... Oh! I had my first article published in the Daily Universe as part of my required servitude to the BYU newspaper. I have to crank out approximately two stories a week... it's pretty intense.

Anyways... I can't remember anything else of note from this past week, so I think I'll sign off.

Oh, and here's a recipe to encourage and promote family dining... since I combined blogs and all.

Chicken Chipotle

Serves 4-5

  • 4 frozen chicken breasts
  • 1/2 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 12 corn tortillas
  • Vegetable oil
  • Sour cream
  • Cheddar cheese
  • Lettuce (optional) 
Blend  the 1/2 can of chipotle peppers and water in the blender. Place the chicken breasts in a crock pot and pour the blended mixture on top. Cook in crock pot on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8. Shred the chicken after cooking. Fry corn tortillas in oil until crispy. Top tortillas with sour cream, chicken, cheddar cheese, and lettuce.

Alrighty... I'm outta here.

2 comments:

  1. very nice!! I can't believe you've gone to the gym EVERY DAY that early!!! I haven't seen 7 am since...oh yeah, every morning when I have to get up to eat so I don't puke...but then I go back to sleep :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets see a picture of these new pillows : )

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts