"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

24 March 2011

My little man is getting so big!

On Tuesday, Peyton had his two-month appointment. I always like to hear the bad news first, so we'll start with the shots.

Poor little man got poked three times in his chub-a-licious thighs. The first vaccine was given orally, and he did great. Then the nurse asked me to hold his arms still and my happy, smiley, cooing baby looked right at me. I watched as his happy face turned into a scrunched up scream of betrayal and pain. I felt so bad!

He calmed down pretty quick though, and was only cranky Tuesday night. By the time he woke up for his first feeding, he was smiling and happy again ... though he did have trouble going back to sleep (probably because he slept so much after I gave him some Tylenol earlier in the day).

A funny side story to this: when my husband was a young toddler, his mom took him to get some of his shots. He didn't cry at all when the nurse poked him with the needle ... instead, he looked right at his mom and punched her! Oh, am I ever looking forward to when this child can control his limbs better.

Now for the good news -- Peyton is getting so big! Here are his stats:

Birth:
  • Weight: 8 lbs 9 oz
  • Length: 20 inches
Two weeks:
  • Weight: 8 lbs 14 oz
  • Length: 21.5 inches
Two months:
  • Weight: 12 lbs 12 oz (75th percentile)
  • Length: 24 inches (90th percentile)
  • Head: 41.2 cm (90th percentile)
He's so big! And today, he is nine weeks old! I can't believe how quickly time flies. I seriously am so lucky. I have the best hubby and baby in the WORLD.

Daniel is amazing. Whenever he is home, he changes Peyton's diapers for me and helps out so much. I seriously don't know what I would do without him. He's wonderful.

Peyton is a great sleeper (at least, I think so)! He goes to sleep somewhere between 8:30 and 10 each night and sleeps for 6-7 hours straight. Amazing. He wakes up somewhere between 2:30 and 4 a.m., eats for a half-hour and goes back to sleep for another three hours! He's also a great napper (although, now that he loves to play and be around people, he puts up a fight when I put him down. I used to be able to put him in his crib when he started fussing, stick a pacifier in his mouth, and he would put himself to sleep. Now he wants to be held until he's completely or almost entirely out before he'll let me lay him down for naps).

Here are a couple recent pictures. My father-in-law has some great ones on his camera (that include actual smiles because his camera is much nicer than ours and doesn't blind the kid ... and we had four people distracting Peyton as we tried to take the pictures so that he wouldn't see the camera). I'll post some of those when I get them. For now, here is a sweet, smiley video and a couple pictures from when mine and Dan's families were in town for Peyton's blessing (which I totally miss them all!!).

My sister, Tonya, trying to get Peyton to smile for the camera. She got some great footage on her iPhone though!

Peyton, examining the photo-capturing device.

Me and Peyton. My mom made the ADORABLE sweater he's wearing. Unfortunately, Peyton was not in the mood to model that morning. (Also, notice his inverted-monk hair. Haha). This was before church last Sunday. 



(I know this video is super long. You really don't have to watch all of it. I just wanted to prove that my baby really DOES smile. The next one proves his hatred for cameras.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad he's sleeping better for you. That's when I finally started to feel human again, once we got into a routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad he's being a good sleeper! He's such a happy baby - thanks for posting the video! I just want to squeeze him, he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sweet! You are such a cute little mom! :o) I am so jealous that he sleeps so well for you at only 9 weeks old!

    And I have to say, I can't believe the nurses made YOU hold his arms while they gave him shots! At our doctor's office, two nurses come in, do the shots all at once, and then step away and say, "okay, mom, come rescue him!"...not that it makes a difference to him, but it sure does to me! I'm a needle wimp! I don't know if I could WATCH his little face turn from happy to screaming! It's hard enough to hear the screaming!!

    That story about Daniel is hilarious! How funny! Good luck to us when our boys are old enough to be rambunctious! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts