"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

05 March 2011

Clearly I'm not the best blogger ...

... but I think that's okay, right?

Things have been going great lately. Peyton is sleeping more, which leads me to a confession about my neurotic-ism. I've been keeping a detailed spreadsheet that chronicles Peyton's eating, sleeping and awake hours. I've even created various graphs that depict trends (yeah, I'm that much of a nerd).




But before you go and judge me too much, I do have a reason. I'm craving some sort of predictability. I crave the ability to form some sort of schedule. I want to have a general idea of when Peyton will sleep/nap/etc. so that I can plan when I can run errands, clean, work out, eat ... you know ... all the things I need to be doing.

So I guess I haven't proved myself un-nerdy. I guess I just proved the opposite!

Despite my inability to schedule anything, I am LOVING my role as a mommy. Peyton is such a sweet little boy and I just love him so much! Dan and I have been having a lot of fun with our little boy's sweet smiles, giggles and coos (though you'll never see them, because he HATES the camera! Doesn't cry, just scowls at it the whole time)!

 

I'm also getting really excited to move. I'm definitely going to miss Provo (can't believe I just wrote that), BYU, Wymount and everyone and everything here, but I'm ready for an adventure. And if med-school, moving with an infant, and an entirely new state isn't an adventure ... I don't know what is! 

Well, I know this really isn't a substantive post ... honestly I don't do much outside the apartment, so there isn't much to say. I exercised today. And showered. Double-double (take it as a basketball or In-N-Out reference, though in truth it was basketball. We've been watching a lot lately). 

Yeah, I guess that's why I haven't been blogging much. If I could catch some of Peyton's dang smiles I'm sure this would be updated much more frequently. 

I want a cheeseburger. Mmm. 

Ah! I nearly forgot the one crazy event this last week. I witnessed projected pooping. Yes, my son projected his poop and I was traumatized. I thought he was done. He had stopped squirming and grunting and turning red in the face. Nope. He wasn't. And poop shot across the changing table. I instantly pulled his diaper back up but I was too late. The diaper filled. It overflowed. I grabbed the new one I had ready. It filled and overflowed. Yes, it was my most traumatic experience as a mother thus far (other than the actual birthing of the child, that is).

3 comments:

  1. haha i love that you made a chart because that is totally something I would do. We need to get over and visit you guys again sometime soon so we can see that cute boy of yours smile (although I do think his scowl is absolutely adorable)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Projectile poop! Lucky you! :o) Haha I love that last comment--the actual birthing of the child IS traumatic! Now I understand why people tell birth stories! I had no idea what a big, dramatic deal it is!

    I love reading your blog! You have a really cute writing style! And I totally get what you mean with craving predictability. I SO wish Nathan would get on a schedule. I've been keeping track of him too the last few days (you're not the only one who does it...I'm just not as fancy and lack graphs and charts!). I was hoping to be like, "yes! He's consistent!" But no...no consistency whatsoever. It makes me hate moms whose babies are BORN on schedules. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Dan had been accepted anywhere for Med school or that the time was already here! Maybe I missed a blog post or something? Where is he going and where/when are you moving?!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts