
California Grilled Veggie Sandwich:
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 C olive oil
- 1 C sliced red bell peppers
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced (I used yellow)
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 2 (4-x6-inch) focaccia bread pieces, cut in half like sandwich rolls (I ran out of time to make my own focaccia bread this time ... but I've found a recipe I'd like to try for next).
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Preheat the grill for high heat (I used the George Foreman).
Toss vegetables with olive oil in a large bowl. Place bell peppers and zucchini closest to the middle of the grill, and set onion and squash pieces around them (If you're using a Foreman, you can just pile on the veggies and close). Cook for about 3 minutes, turn, and cook for another 3 minutes. The peppers may take a bit longer. Remove from grill, and set aside.
Spread some of the mayonnaise mixture on the cut sides of the bread, sprinkle each one with feta cheese and layer with the vegetables. Wrap sandwiches in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes. Remove and enjoy as open faced grilled sandwiches.
| Nutrition Facts | ||||||
Serving Size 185 g | ||||||
Amount Per Serving | ||||||
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 143 | ||||||
% Daily Value* | ||||||
Total Fat 15.9g 24% | ||||||
Saturated Fat 4.5g 22% | ||||||
Cholesterol 21mg 7% | ||||||
Sodium 322mg 13% | ||||||
Total Carbohydrates 11.3g 4% | ||||||
Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7% | ||||||
Sugars 5.0g | ||||||
Protein 4.2g | ||||||
| ||||||
Nutrition Grade B+ | ||||||
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet |
No comments:
Post a Comment