Though I claim Kansas as my home town, I was actually born and spent the first 15 years of my life in Southern California. Last week, we went back for my BFF Heather's wedding (
ref: funny commercial) and it was fabulous. I was so glad I could be there and celebrate with her and her new family. We were also able to catch the first few days of the Young Family Reunion, which was a lot of fun.
So, without further ado, I present our California trip in 14 pictures (random number, I know ... I was trying to limit it to 10 and it just wasn't happening):
 |
| Naturally, we forgot to take our camera to the wedding. So here is a shot captured at the photo booth on my mom's cell phone. |
 |
| The flights went surprisingly well ... mostly because the fabulous Mr. P decided he was going to sleep for every flight. Thank you!! |
 |
| Peyton loved all the attention he got from his aunts, uncles, great aunts and great uncles. Here he is with Munkle (that's monkey-uncle) Collin. |
 |
| Like I said, he loved the attention. Clockwise: Auntie Clare, Munkle Collin and Munkle Brady. |
 |
| For some reason, Dan wanted to make all the Munkles look like they pooped lemons. Munkle Collin's picture is on his phone, but here is Munkle Brady with a lemon poo. |
 |
| Lisa Bell was there with sweet little Jace! I was so excited. Peyton got so jealous whenever I was holding Jace. He would crawl over and start climbing up onto my lap and swinging at poor cousin Jace. |
 |
| Jace and Peyton sleeping after a long day at the pool. |
 |
| Peyton ... well ... LOVED his first beach experience. Especially the beach part. He wasn't this fond of the ocean, but oh, did he love the sand! |
 |
| Me and Will building sandcastles on the beach. |
 |
| Like I said, he loved the sand. |
 |
| Probably one of the best parts of the trip was that we got to go with Tonya and her kids. It was a lot of fun, and I really like that we've been seeing more of the Pierce's this year. I think we'll have to make a habit of that. Left to right: Kanyon, Leigh Ann, Will and Tonya. |
 |
| Peyton even slept for Daddy on the plane. Poor kid was so exhausted that as we were getting seated and waiting for the plane to take off, he passed out like this. Not the most comfortable thing for Daddy, but pretty dang cute. Unfortunately, I couldn't reach my camera when Daddy and Peyton were both asleep and drooling on each other. Oh well. |
 |
| Daniel, Peyton and I on the San Clemente pier. San Clemente is my favorite beach of all time. We used to spend a week camping there every summer when I was a kid -- with the Adams' family actually (ha ha ha) ... but seriously, with Heather Adams' family (the BFF whose wedding we attended). |
 |
| This is in my grandparent's front yard in Pomona, CA. We stayed at my grandma and grandpa's house. The trip was so much fun! |
i LOVE San Clemente! My Grandma has a condo there so we've gone for years. Blaine and I even went on our honeymoon there. It was just funny and exciting to see your picture on the Pier so I had to comment. What a fun trip for your little family :)
ReplyDeleteAdorable and so fun to see!!
ReplyDeletePeyton inherited the sand-eating from his father. I'm not even joking.
ReplyDeleteThat looks so fun! You look super good by the way!
ReplyDelete