"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

06 December 2012

I say a little prayer 4 you ...

Peyton has been learning to say his own prayers. He's doing surprisingly well. He consistently blesses the food before bed time and he's thoughtful of the lonely shoes on his dresser and the bibs in the drawer.

But he is also easily distracted.

Last night's prayer went something like this:

"Dear. Heavenly. Father.

Thank dee for ..."

"What are you thankful for, Peyton?" I prompted.

"Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. AMEN!"


(Added 11:44 a.m., 6 Dec 12): Peyton gave the same prayer over lunch, but instead of ending with amen, he continued with this after "ten ... ":

"F-I-R-E. Fire truck. Thank dee. Thank dee. Fire truck. F-I-R-E."


3 comments:

  1. hahaha. Whitney, that is ADORABLE. and awesome. Hey---so your gospel teaching needs some help, but as far as math teaching goes--you got that DOWN. ;) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA. What a smarty pants : )

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts