First things first, Peyton has four teeth. FOUR teeth. When did this happen? Well, all in one very short week. Yep, you read that right ... 3/4 teeth showed up while we were in El Paso.
Oh, did I forget to mention we were in El Paso from August 5-11? Yeah, well ... I forgot my camera, so what you missed you can't see and what you can't see you probably won't miss.
I do, however, have pictures of the bottom two teeth. You have to be super stealthy to catch a glimpse of those babies. It's pretty much impossible to get Peyton to show you the top two. Stick your finger in his mouth, though, and you'll know they're there.
In other news, Peyton is now an expert at pulling himself up to standing. And cruising around everywhere. Here's an older video of him standing up. He's about a bagillion times better at it now. He's speedy, sneaky and VERY curious. Deadly combination.
Peyton is also a pro walker now. Of course, he needs the assistance of a walker, but we won't hold that against him ... let's be fair now, he's only (almost) 7 months old.
Continuing on with the news, I woke up on the morning of July 31st to the delicious smell of pancakes. But these weren't just any old pancakes ... take a look:
Yes, that is a blueberry pancake and yes, it is shaped like a heart. Can you say, "Best husband EVER?!"
I sure can.
Moving right along. Do you remember those pictures early on in Peyton's life? The one's where he'd only scowl at the camera? (Refresh your memory HERE). Well, now he's a total ham. He's sees that camera and he starts smiling and performing and being his cute little self. Here are some pictures of me and him. Please ignore my sweaty, shiny, just-woke-up/just-finished-exercising face.
Oh, and he loves to eat. Especially with his daddy.
Okay, sorry for the overload. I just love this kid.
And I'm not that sorry, because there's still more ...
Dan, Peyton and I went to the Irving Arts Center. We walked around and looked at some of the art they have there. It was a pretty cool place!
| They call this, "Cookie Monster Meets Lawn Mower." Well, they don't call it that, but I do. |
| Man, this kid is handsome! |
| Can you see the squirrel? |
| There he is! Or she ... I guess we didn't get close enough to tell. |
So to make up for it, we let him crawl around in the buff for a little while. I mean, is there anything better than crawling around free from the horrid restraints of clothing? He always wants us to let him crawl around nekkers, but I'm too afraid of accidents. We made an exception this time and got some cute pictures to blackmail him with later =)
| Poor little red eyes! |
| The cheeks on his face aren't the only ones with dimples ... |
| Nothing like reading a book in the buff! |
| Daddy! Let me pull myself up using your leg hairs! |
| Crawling around. |
| Okay, so I lied. You knew I was gonna! I just think Peyton's various sleep positions are too funny! |

I can't watch the videos...sad! It says they're private.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, LOVE the update! Can't wait to see you guys in a few months!
This is just crazy. Emma didn't crawl till 10 months and walked at 14. You better watch out that little guy is gonna be trouble : )
ReplyDeleteI think I fixed the videos. Sorry about that!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you guys too, Amy!
Yeah, I know ... he's already trouble!
I honestly can't believe Peyton is 7 months!! That's crazy!!
ReplyDeleteThis kid is too cute! I want to see him again!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete