"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

20 June 2011

Herb Roasted Pork Loin and Potatoes

This dinner was delicious. Dan said it was the best pork loin he'd ever had ... which I'm not sure anything I have ever made has merited that sort of compliment. I got most of the recipe from HERE, but I tweaked a few things. I was cooking a much smaller tenderloin, so I made some important adjustments.

Herb Roasted Pork Loin and Potatoes Recipe

Herb Roasted Pork Loin and Potatoes

  • 6 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
  • 6 carrots, peeled
  • 1 onion, halved
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 lb boneless pork loin roast
  • 1 tsp dried thyme 
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350° F.

Boil the potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover them for 10 minutes. Drain, cool and place in a bowl. Toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp thyme and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover carrots and onion in remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil; salt and pepper to taste.

Rub pork loin roast with 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp onion powder. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear all sides of the roast in a skillet over medium-high heat.

Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan (if you're cooking a small roast like the one my recipe calls for -- < 2 lbs -- you can cook it in a 9 x 13 Pyrex [it worked for me]. Anything bigger and I can't make any promises), and cook 20 minutes in the preheated oven.

Remove roast from oven and arrange the potatoes, carrots and onion around the roast; continue cooking for another 50 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 160° F.

Remove from oven, cover with foil and let sit 15 minutes before slicing. Serves four.


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 678 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
693
Calories from Fat
170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
18.8g
29%
Saturated Fat
4.3g
21%
Trans Fat
0.1g
Cholesterol
166mg
55%
Sodium
214mg
9%
Total Carbohydrates
63.7g
21%
Dietary Fiber
8.8g
35%
Sugars
9.2g
Protein
66.8g
Vitamin A 306%Vitamin C 59%
Calcium 9%Iron 33%
Nutrition Grade A
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points

As you can see, pretty dang healthy. Once you try it, you'll also think it's pretty dang delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts