Future blackmail material?
| "I don't get it, mom. What's so funny?" |
Well, I still haven't been able to capture a video of Peyton sitting up on his own, but here's a picture!
Peyton got to hang out with Grandpa Condie for a couple days earlier this week. Dad was in town for business and stayed at the fabulous Hotel de Condie, complete with a fabulous air mattress and serve-your-own breakfast!
We let him have Peyton's room all to himself and Peyton slept in our room. That was somewhat fun ... if you count a screaming baby waking up six times at night as fun. Luckily Dad couldn't hear anything. I told Dan, "It's a good thing we didn't put them in the same room, or else your dad wouldn't have gotten any sleep at all!" Dan just said, "Nah, my dad's a super loud sleeper. He would have kept Peyton awake, not the other way around."
Personally, I don't believe that ... in a battle of Snore vs Scream, the snore would have to be pretty incredible to outdo Mr. P.
I don't know what about the move caused all hell to break loose in regards to Peyton's nighttime sleep, but boy-oh-boy has it been rough the last couple weeks. I'm sure it hasn't really been that rough, but I was spoiled as a mom. I've been working really hard to get him back on a reasonable schedule, and I think we're finally making progress. We started putting Peyton to bed between 6:30 and 7 p.m. Buh-bye social life! Unless we have people over at our place, we're not really the life of the party. Not that we ever really were, but you get the picture. He wakes up to eat once at night and once in the early morning, which is normal and dandy. On bad nights, he wakes up one or two or possibly three times and whines for an hour each. Not hungry, not really screaming -- just whining.
Whining loud enough to keep us awake, though.
There's definitely something to be said for the days he sleeps well, however. He is INFINITELY more happy and agreeable when he gets a good night's sleep and good naps.
Oh! One more tidbit.
Sooooo, somehow I managed to escape BYU without ever having to give a talk. Yep, you read that right. I never gave a talk at BYU. I was asked to once -- my senior year, mind you -- but it happened to be on a Sunday Dan and I were going out of town. Oh, darn.
Anyways, so I've never given a talk longer than two minutes. I've taught lessons in Relief Society, but no talks. Not since my wee youth days before I graduated from high school.
Well, the finally got me. I have to speak on Sunday. The good news is (1) Dan has to speak too, (2) All the men/boys are out of town for high adventure (3) Bishop's out of town (4) Most of the rest of the ward is out of town, apparently. So I guess it's not so bad -- speaking to 1/3 of a congregation. I can handle that =)
Now I will close with a few more Peyton Pictures.
| Dan's dad calls this the "Hook 'em Horns" suck. I think he's signing "I love you" to me. |
| Na-nee-na-nee-boo-boo! You can't catch me! |
And once more, for good measure. And laughs.
soooo cute!! I love it! He is hilarious, and oh-so adorable!
ReplyDeleteWill was the same way with his sleeping patterns. Maybe your baby is teething? Will had 2 teeth come in right when that happened. Don't worry; he will get back to a good schedule I promise. I went weeks wondering what went wrong w/ Will's sleeping patterns but they have returned. :) Good luck! I love his squishy face too! haha
ReplyDelete