Suzie's Chile Verde
- 2.5 lb pork shoulder roast (anywhere between two and three pounds is great)
- 15 oz can great northern beans, rinsed and drained (I like more beans in mine, so I used a 28 oz can of pinto)
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 can green Chile Verde sauce (THIS is what I use)
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 tortillas
- Cilantro
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- 1-2 limes
Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook until browned on all sides to sear in juices.
Combine pork, beans,chicken broth, onion, green chilies, Chile Verde sauce, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in a slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high 6-8 hours. Gently shred meat inside slow cooker using two forks.
Serve on tortillas and garnish with cilantro, cheese, sour cream and lime.
| Nutrition Facts | ||||||
Serving Size 238 g | ||||||
Amount Per Serving | ||||||
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 178 | ||||||
% Daily Value* | ||||||
Total Fat 19.8g 30% | ||||||
Saturated Fat 7.7g 38% | ||||||
Cholesterol 61mg 20% | ||||||
Sodium 524mg 22% | ||||||
Total Carbohydrates 30.1g 10% | ||||||
Dietary Fiber 8.3g 33% | ||||||
Sugars 5.9g | ||||||
Protein 20.2g | ||||||
| ||||||
Nutrition Grade C+ | ||||||
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet |
Nutritional Analysis
Good points
- High in vitamin A
(The calories are based on a serving size of one tortilla and 1/16 of the meat mixture. I usually eat two of this size "serving," I just forgot to input it that way in the calorie calculator. Just multiply by two).
It doesn't achieve the highest nutrition grade (I'm not entirely sold on the nutrition grades anyway, but I think they're a good indicator of whether or not you should eat something often), but it sure is tasty and easy to make for guests.
I could eat this all day long. In fact, I ate some of last nights leftovers about 10 minutes ago. Yes, it was indeed before 10 a.m. (In my defense, I did get up at 5:30 a.m. this morning. It's lunch time in my head).
No comments:
Post a Comment