"I reserve the right to exercise sarcasm and make up my own words. And exaggerate. And post a bazillion pictures of my kids. Thank you very much."

07 June 2011

Monkey Bread

Confession: I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth on the face of the planet. I LOVE baking decadent desserts and pastries. To a fault. I rationalize my baking by taking portions of it to friends and neighbors. I'm sure that helps a little ... but I'm still pretty glutenous when it comes to desserts.

So, without further ado, here comes dessert post #1: Monkey Bread

Dough

  • 1 1/4 C milk
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 C sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 4 C all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp yeast
Gooey Goodness
  • 1/2 C sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 butter or margarine
Combine dough ingredients in bread machine. Use dough setting. 

Combine white sugar and cinnamon. Set aside

Once dough cycle has finished, break off pieces of the dough and roll into balls, approximately 2" in diameter. Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture and place in a bunt pan. 

Bring brown sugar and butter/margarine to a boil over medium heat for one minute. Pour over dough balls in bunt pan. 

Bake at 350 F for 20-30 minutes (until bread is cooked and starts to turn golden at top). Serves 10.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 110 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
325
Calories from Fat 
76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
8.5g
13%
Saturated Fat 
5.0g
25%
Trans Fat 
0.0g
Cholesterol 
39mg
13%
Sodium 
304mg
13%
Total Carbohydrates 
54.6g
18%
Dietary Fiber 
1.6g
6%
Sugars 
16.3g
Protein 
7.1g
Vitamin A 6%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 5%Iron 14%
Nutrition Grade C-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Bad points
  • High in sugar
  • Contains alcohol

    The "alcohol" referred to is just from the vanilla extract. 

    Don't you worry, there are more sweets to come. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts